To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least six feet distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
1) Based on available evidence, children do not appear to be at higher risk for COVID-19 than adults. While some children and infants have been sick with COVID-19, adults make up most of the known cases to date.The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends students return to school this fall because of low rates of COVID-19, low rates of COVID-19 transmission and on balance students need academic instruction/socialization. Specific schools will most likely variably mandate social distancing, masks, altered hours, non-crowded classrooms and restrictions on extracurricular activities.
2) Extremely contagious virus with elderly and patients with poor health affected exponentially higher with adverse outcomes.
3) Optimizing your health with proper diet/nutrition, exercise, control of metabolic parameters such as thyroid, glucose, blood pressure and weight are critical to avoid a deleterious infection.
4) Carrier status, transmission and long term consequences of virus are variable.
5) If you feel you are ill, a telemedicine visit by Gorman Medical is a must. We will order COVID-19 testing and place you on Corona Virus treatments.
6) The most cost effective medicine is to see your provider regularly.